Friday, December 25, 2015

My New Hat




The weather turned cold while we were in Dubrovnik, when the Bora, the legendary wind that chills the eastern Adriatic coast, began to blow.  I began to search for my hat, which I hadn't needed in weeks. It was nowhere to be found, so I began to search for a new one.

I looked in several shops, but they mostly had warm-weather hats or caps of cotton or straw. The few winter hats I saw would be more at home on the ski slope. At last, however, I found the hat, a wooly beret. It's a little itchy, but it keeps my ears warm. And I really liked the young woman who sold it to me, she was so bright and spunky.


However, I was still left with a mystery: What happened to my other hat?  It's beyond me how someone traveling for months with only a daypack and a carry-on suitcase can lose things, but it happens to me all the time! Guess what? More than a month later, about two days before we flew home, I found my other hat in the bottom of my daypack. So now I have a choice: my green hat or my new black beret. So I guess that kind of caps my account of Croatia!  (Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment