Saturday, October 24, 2015

Our Flying Toaster (and more)


I love the toaster in our Florence apartment! If you're old enough it may remind you of the old flying toasters screensaver from back in the day.  

It's very handy too. Lift up on the little wings, and the toast easily comes out, without tongs or burned fingers.



Ah, Italian design!

I can't say quite as much for our elevator, though it is ingenious. I thought the elevator we had at our apartment in Paris last year was small until I saw the one in Florence, It wasn't big enough to swing a cat in, as you can see.


Note: No animals were harmed in the making of this photo.


No worries! That's actually a grocery bag, not a cat. And if you live in a medieval building, you're lucky to have an elevator at all--and this one saved my dodgy knee.


No comments:

Post a Comment